Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Former PetroSaudi International chief Tarek Obaid is challenging the US’ jurisdiction over his alleged 1MDB-linked assets, which could have implications for Low Taek Jho and Riza Aziz.
2. Sime Darby Bhd is spending over RM300 million to buy three luxury car dealerships in Australia.
3. Tadmax Resources Bhd has been given the go ahead to develop a CCGT power plant in Pulau Indah, dispelling earlier fears of it being shelved.
4. Former Malaysian Merchant Marine Bhd deputy executive chairman Datuk Ramesh Rajaratnam has been found guilty of insider trading and is facing serious jail time.
5. Tex Cycle Technology (M) Bhd is targeting to kick-start its UK waste-to-energy plant by end-2020.