Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has become Malaysia’s 10th prime minister.
2. Sime Darby Bhd saw its 1QFY22 net profile decline on weaker consumer sentiment and higher costs.
3. Genting Malaysia Bhd and Genting Bhd both swung back to profitability in 3QFY22.
4. Pharmaniaga Bhd saw its third-quarter net profit fall 83% on lower sales as the country enters into the endemic phase.
5. Lotte Chemical Titan Holding Bhd declared a special single-tier dividend of 13.98 sen per share for FY22.