GHL, NTPM, Tan Chong Motor, Tasco, Yinson, Rubberex, CJ Century, Dialog, JF Tech, Pos Malaysia, UMW, MBM Resources, Perak Transit, TNB, Malakoff

GHL, NTPM, Tan Chong Motor, Tasco, Yinson, Rubberex, CJ Century, Dialog, JF Tech, Pos Malaysia, UMW, MBM Resources, Perak Transit, TNB, Malakoff
-A +A

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 16): Based on corporate announcements and news flow on Tuesday, companies in focus on Wednesday (Nov 17) may include GHL Systems Bhd, NTPM Holdings Bhd, Tan Chong Motor Holdings Bhd, Tasco Bhd, Yinson Holdings Bhd, Rubberex Corp (M) Bhd, CJ Century Logistics Holdings Bhd, Dialog Group Bhd, JF Technology Bhd, Pos Malaysia Bhd, UMW Holdings Bhd, MBM Resources Bhd, Perak Transit Bhd, Tenaga Nasional Bhd and Malakoff Corp Bhd.

GHL Systems Bhd is collaborating with Lotuss Stores Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Lotuss Malaysia), formerly known as Tesco Malaysia, to boost the retailer's Order & Collect personal shopper service with a wider range of payment options, powering its online payments via the WhatsApp messaging platform, according to a joint statement on Tuesday (Nov 16).

NTPM Holdings Bhd, Tan Chong Motor Holdings Bhd and Tasco Bhd are potential inclusions in the Securities Commission Malaysia's (SC) Islamic or Shariah-compliant securities list as these companies' cash-to-total assets ratio and debt-to-total assets ratio have fallen below the 33% permissible threshold criteria, according to RHB Investment Bank Bhd in a research report on Tuesday (Nov 16).

Yinson Holdings Bhd and Rubberex Corp (M) Bhd, however, are at risk of dropping out from the SC's list for failing to completely meet the 33% threshold criteria for both the cash-to-total assets ratio and debt-to-total assets ratio, according to RHB.

CJ Century Logistics Holdings Bhd said it has signed a warehousing, fulfilment and logistics services agreement with Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd's unit MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems Sdn Bhd. The partnership will commence on Dec 1 for an initial period of three years with an option to extend for two more years upon conclusion of the initial term.

Dialog Group Bhd's net profit fell 12.14% to RM128.82 million for its first quarter of financial year 2022 (1QFY22) ended Sept 30, 2021 despite higher revenues, from RM146.62 million a year earlier, due mainly to higher project costs. Its revenue rose 52.4% to RM505.45 million, from RM331.66 million, as both Malaysian and international operations' contributions grew on the back of improved economic and business activities. Quarterly earnings per share fell to 2.28 sen, from 2.6 sen previously.

JF Technology Bhd's (JF Tech) quarterly net profit hit a fresh record of RM5.04 million for 1QFY22 ended Sept 30, 2021, a 25.68% increase from RM4.01 million in the same quarter last year, on the sustained strong demand from its customers stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic. Its profit margin for the quarter was an impressive 44.5%, which also saw earnings per share rise to 0.55 sen from 0.43 sen.

Pos Malaysia Bhd's net loss for 3QFY21 ended Sept 30, 2021 widened to RM43.9 million year-on-year from RM7.43 million, amid lower revenue and higher finance costs. Pos Malaysia continues its loss-making streak since 2QFY19, as its quarterly revenue fell 13.93% to RM536.26 million from RM623.03 million a year ago.

Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd, in which UMW Holdings Bhd holds a 38% stake and MBM Resources Bhd has 20% equity interest, said it is unlikely to meet its sales target for 2021 due to a chip shortage despite selling 146,951 vehicles in the first 10 months of 2021 versus 171,861 units a year ago. It also warned that uncertainties over the chip supply shortage will persist until next year.

Perak Transit Bhd declared a net profit of RM13.65 million for 3QFY21 ended Sept 30, 2021, an increase of 14.15% from RM11.96 million, mainly due to a higher contribution from the integrated public transportation terminal operations. Meanwhile, revenue in the quarter climbed 0.61% to RM35.23 million, from RM35.02 million. A fourth interim dividend of 0.825 sen per share was declared, to be paid on Feb 15, 2022, bringing its year-to-date payout to 2.4 sen.

Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB) and Malakoff Corp Bhd said their joint venture company — Kapar Energy Ventures Sdn Bhd (KEV) — has filed an application for judicial review to challenge the notices of assessment from the Inland Revenue Board amounting to RM595.95 million. KEV filed the application against the minister of finance at the High Court to challenge the matters arising from the notices of assessment, TNB and Malakoff said in separate bourse filings. KEV is a 40% associate of Malakoff, with the remaining 60% stake held by TNB's wholly-owned unit TNB Power Generation Sdn Bhd.

Lam Jian Wyn